Director Notes... march 2019
1. Solo and Ensemble Results!
Congratulations to all of our students who competed in the U.I.L. Region Solo & Ensemble Contest this past weekend! We are proud of all of you! A separate email went out on last week showing the results of our students. We have 19 solos eligible for State.
2. Choir Pre-UIL Concert – Tuesday night 7pm – Anderson theater
This 1-hour concert is REQUIRED for ALL choir students as it is part of our curriculum. Students who are eligible will perform on stage while ineligible students will critique their choir from the audience to qualify for their grade. All students are required to stay for the entire concert to support each other.
3. Chamber Choir competes at Madrigal & Chamber Festival Saturday – Canyon Creek Presbyterian Church in Richardson, TX – 11:20am
These 24 students will be competing against some of the top choirs in the state!
4. Choir UIL – Hays PAC – March 14 & 15
UIL large group competition is early this year! The students have been working hard in preparation for this event. A detailed email will go out separately.
Thursday, March 14: 3rd period Tenor-Bass Choir and 5th period Treble Choir compete
Friday, March 15 – 2nd period Varsity Treble and 7th period Varsity Mixed compete
5. Looking ahead - Choir Banquet – Friday, MAY 17 We want you all already thinking about our choir banquet. This is a celebration of everything we’ve done throughout the year and we want every student and many parents to attend. This year, our banquet will be once again at the Red Oak Ballroom. The choir banquet will be held 7-10pm on May 17. More details will come soon.
Unfortunately, we had several students fail one or more classes this past six weeks. Tuesday is mid-term and eligibility can be restored if a student is passing ALL of their classes at that time. We have been communicating with the students almost daily about this and hope that everyone will be joining us for our competition season.
7. Upcoming calendar events - March
5 – Pre UIL Clinic/Concert – All Anderson choirs – 7 pm.
9 – Madrigal Festival Competition – Richardson, TX – all day Compete at 11:20am
14 – Murchison 6th Grade Choir Cabaret – 6:00-7:00 p.m. – Northwest Hills UMC
14-15 – UIL Concert & Sight Reading Contest – Hays PAC
16-20 – Orlando, FL Choir trip
26 – Murchison Pre-UIL Concert – 6:00-7:00 p.m. – Northwest Hills UMC